Outdoor Learning is an important part of children's development, to support practitioners knowledge and understanding a training evening was set up and led by a forest school leader. Practitioners from across all three of our nursery settings were able to take part in this exciting training.
Various activities were set up by Jane (forest school leader) and they were explained to practitioners before they had ago themselves.
Why is Outdoor Learning Important?
- Supports the development of healthy and active life styles.
- Direct contact with the natural world, weather and seasons.
- Helps children to respect and understand nature, the environment, plants, animals and life cycles.
- Provides rich opportunities for developing imagination, inventiveness and resourcefulness.
- Sensory and physical experiences supports brain development and the creation of neural networks.
- Opportunities to assess risk and develop skills to manage new situations.
LETS GET OUTSIDE AND HAVE FUN!